The TCS3472 device provides a digital return of red, green, blue (RGB), and clear light sensing values. An IR blocking filter, integrated on-chip and localized to the color sensing photodiodes, minimizes the IR spectral component of the incoming light and allows color measurements to be made accurately. The high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, and IR blocking filter make the TCS3472 an ideal color sensor solution for use under varying lighting conditions and through attenuating materials. This data is transferred via an I2C to the host.
- Integrated IR blocking filter
- 3.8M:1 dynamic range
- Four independent analog-to-digital converters
- A reference-channel for Color Analysis (Clear channel photo-diode)
- Minimizes IR and UV spectral component effects to produce accurate color measurement
- Enables accurate color and ambient light sensing under varying lighting conditions
- Minimizes motion / transient errors
- Clear-Channel provides a reference allows for isolation of color content
- Light color temperature measurement
- RGB LED consistency control
- Health fitness
- Industrial process control
- Medical diagnostic equipment
- Based on AMS TCS34725 color sensor.
- Powre supply and I2C level range: 3.3 to 5.5 VDC.
- Built-in I2C bus level shifter & pull-up resistor, to cancel via jumper.
- Built-in white LED, default: power on then LED light up, be controlled by the jumper.
- Standard DIP-12 Footprint and 3mm fixing hole x2.
- Module size: 0.98 x 0.4 in.