This low cost ultrasonic ranger has both I2C and Serial interfaces. New AutoTune algorithms intelligently back the minimum range right up to the transducer ringdown for the very best performance possible, automatically, in the background, and with no calibration cycles necessary. Additional new commands allow for separate burst and ranging control.
The SRF02 features both I2C and a Serial interfaces. The serial interface is a standard TTL level UART format at 9600 baud,1 start, 2 stop and no parity bits, and may be connected directly to the serial ports on any microcontroller. Up to 16 SRF02's may be connected together on a single bus, either I2C or Serial.
New commands in the SRF02 include the ability to send an ultrasonic burst on its own without a reception cycle, and the ability to perform a reception cycle without the preceding burst. Because the SRF02 uses a single transducer for both transmission and reception, the minimum range is higher than our other dual transducer rangers. The minimum measurement range is around 15cm (6 inches). Like all Devantech rangefinders, the SRF02 can measure in microseconds, cm or inches.
- Range - 16cm to 6m.
- Power - 5v, 4mA Typ.
- Frequency - 40KHz.
- Size - 24mm x 20mm x 17mm height.
- Analogue Gain - Automatic 64 step gain control
- Connection Modes 1 - Standard I2C Bus. 2 - Serial Bus - connects up to 16 devices to any uP or UART serial port
- Full Automatic Tuning - No calibration, just power up and go
- Timing - Fully timed echo, freeing host controller of task.
- Units - Range reported in uS, mm or inches.
- Light Weight - 4.6gm